soil temperature matters so much for germination I learn
Today at 16.30 on a sunny day in the greenhouse it is between 8 and 10 degrees.
Outside the ground is frozen
We had a hard frost last night , -6 or so.
A week ago I measured 3-4 degree in the morning, in the greenhouse.
Now the grenhouse is pretty much full of seeds, except for patches where things didn't come up or died. I have plants inside that I want to transfer to the tunnel/greenhouse in a few days. i gather this was maybe one of the last hard frosts we had.
i have zuccinis, cucumbers, tomatos that could go outside. Especially the 2 zuccini plant are getting huge.
Inside our house, I started more cucumbers, parsley, morelle, origon grec, peppers and piment, and cilantro.
More seeds I put into the tunnel: witloof, oak leaf lettuce, bronze mignonette lettuce, pepper cress, chives, radish, chicoree scarole blonde,
We are watering because the wood chips seem so dry.
Thingsare starting to grow again and we had a nice salad with cerfeuil/chervil, mizuna, arugula, mache yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment